Craft Addict

"Everybody got their somethin'...." ~ Nikka Costa

Friday, March 17, 2006


Look at these great vintage tank tops I spotted in a 1973 (the year I was born!) McCall's Needlework and Crafts magazine. I bought a giant box of vintage needlework booklets at a garage sale a couple years ago for $5 and I love looking through them for classic patterns that could be updated for today. It's so trippy to think that someone was knitting one of these tanks before I was even born! I love the blue one in the middle. I'm hoping I can figure out what kind of yarn to substitute for the stuff they used. It's amazing how classic that shape still is considering this pattern is from the groovy 70's and that wasn't exactly a high point in the fashion continuum. Most people my age have some blackmail quality pictures in their collection in which they are smiling into the camera, blissfully unaware of the cruel and unusual fashion disasters their moms subjected them to on picture day. I have a couple of winners myself that involve a plaid disaster of epic proportions. So, it's nice to find out that not everyone in the 70's completely lost their minds.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home