Craft Addict

"Everybody got their somethin'...." ~ Nikka Costa

Sunday, February 19, 2006

WTF!! (a.k.a. Swatches Suck!)


WTF!!!! For those of you who, like me, don't speak acronym this is translated as: "What the f**k". Here I was, trying to be all good and stuff and look what I got for it. Boo!! I have decided that I hate knitting swatches. I will do it because I don't want to end up with a sweater like poor Barbara's that I just can't wear because I've huge-ified it or shrunk it to Barbie size when just knitting a stupid swatch could have prevented all that. But I can't say I'll like it. My ball of frenchy french pink yarn completely unraveled during the trip to my knitting class last Thursday. And the more I tried to salvage some semblance of a center pull ball, the worse it got. My husband helpfully suggested that I just throw the whole ball away and start over with a new one. Sweet boy; so naive! I was tempted, but just on principle I have to unwind the stupid thing. I can't let it get the better of me! Besides, I'm a cheapskate and don't want to waste the 7 bucks I spent on it. I should have known better than to think my first project would go smoothly. I didn't knit a stitch today I was so mad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home