Craft Addict

"Everybody got their somethin'...." ~ Nikka Costa

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Oompa Loompa Sock

I am so proud of myself it is actually disgusting. My husband's sister is having a baby and we just found out it's going to be a girl. I was waiting to see what they were going to have before getting yarn and things to make them some booties or socks (yay! I get to buy pink stuff!). What I really want to make for them are these positively lovely baby socks from Interweave Knits, but since I know absolutely nothing about knitting socks, I thought I'd better do some research. I found a nice Socks 101 article on Knitty, printed it out, read it, and made the cute little sock you see above with some scrap yarn. It only took me one evening and it went so well that I am now eyeing my husband's feet in anticipation of starting some socks for him. "You would wear a pair of socks if I knitted them for you, right?", I asked hopefully. He kind of grunted and sounded noncommittal. I told him they'd be a lot more attractive than the smurf blue pair he wears around the house when it gets really cold and he wants his feet to be snuggly. And then the clincher.... I told him they'd be great for when he got his new kayak. Anything related to kayaking and his ears perk up instantly. I got a bit more positivity when I brought that one up. Maybe I'll make them smurf blue, just for fun....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home