Craft Addict

"Everybody got their somethin'...." ~ Nikka Costa

Friday, May 26, 2006

Unfinished Object (UFO) #2 - The Piglet Scarf


I got really frustrated last week working on my frenchy french pink tank top after I tried to take apart a loose spot, dropped 2 stitches, and couldn't pick them up since I'd knit too tightly. It just kept getting worse so I ripped it all back to the very beginning. My shoulders got tight and my head started pounding so I took some time off of that project after a few choice expletives. Instead I decided to try to finish another UFO. I found this yarn last spring at Jo-Ann's and it was so soft and yummy I just had to make something out of it. I was just teaching myself how to knit from a book and a scarf seemed like a good project. This scarf always reminds me of Piglet. It just looks like something he'd wear. Incidentally, an ex-boyfriend used to call me Piglet too. Sounds like something you should never call your girlfriend, or any girl you'd like to get with for that matter, but it actually fit me pretty well. Piglet is the biggest worrier, and so am I. Anyway, it feels really good to be working on this scarf again and I can't wait for it to be finished so my neck can be all snuggly this fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home